let's find your dream home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
Feeling active or restive? Your waterfront lifestyle awaits! This professionally updated and spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite has it all With shopping and a golf course down the block, other features include, separated bedrooms a chef's kitchen with quartz counters, under cabinet lighting, high end stainless appliances with custom cabinetry with maple interiors, organizers and a pull out pantry. Cozy up with...
This sunny suite with a Southern exposure is on the quiet side of the Steel and Concrete building. With pleasant views of the Gorge Waterway, City and Olympics it is a restful place to call home. The building is set back from the street making it free from traffic noise. With laminate flooring and fresh paint, the bathroom has had a new tub and surround recently installed. All appliances are in good working o...
Island Life at Fairwinds Marina. Schooner House sits on a gorgeous waterfront location with amazing vistas over Fairwinds marina to the Salish Sea and majestic mainland mountains. Unit 301 at 3555 The Outrigger is strategically located as a corner unit on the coveted 3rd floor. This floor has the biggest patio/deck for outdoor entertaining and watching the boats come and go. The unit is very well configured w...Listed by ROYAL LEPAGE PARKSVILLE-QUALICUM BEACH REALTY (QU)
Welcome to your completely updated home! This quiet, top floor, end unit has lovely water views, 2 skylights, large windows and access to the sundeck from both the living room and primary bedroom. A chef's kitchen with generous stone countertop leads to a large living and dining area with a cozy gas fireplace . The spa retreat primary bedroom has an ensuite with jet tub, large closets and even a fireplace! Th...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
To assist you with your real estate needs, I draw on a wealth of experience from different sectors. I have been a local government professional for over twenty-five years here in Victoria.
I have always had a keen interest in real estate and owned homes in Saanich and Esquimalt. I am well versed in the home building process, as my husband is a builder and renovation specialist and I have been a valuable designer in his projects.
I am passionate about making your real estate dreams become reality. I am dedicated to ensuring that you experience the best service I am able to offer. I look forward to helping your family find the home that is perfect for you.
Call me anytime at 250-920-8277 ~ let's chat!