let's find your dream home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
Overlooking the Gorge Tidal Waterway, this spacious suite is filled with natural light and was built as the developer's own retreat. The home wraps around the end of the building and the view is like living on a cruise ship - taking in the expanse of the reversing falls under the bridge and down the tidal waterway. Many extras in this exclusive home include a jacuzzi tub, steam shower, skylights, 9 foot ceili...
This well-located half duplex is ideal for the first time buyer. Bring your green thumb and handyman skills to create your own vision of this home for your family. The house has 3 good sized bedrooms, hardwood floors, stainless appliances, thermal windows, fenced yard and a new roof. This is a great location near schools, shopping, on bus routes and close to the Gorge waterway. The extra large deck provides ...
This spacious top level Loft features a main level balcony and upper level access to an amazing west facing rooftop patio with professionally landscaped greenery and a lighted water feature! The soaring 18 foot ceiling welcomes you into the bright and open layout with floor to ceiling windows. This customized suite features quartz counter tops, energy efficient stainless steel Bloomberg kitchen appliances an...
Enjoy Summergate Village and the lifestyle and experience perfect for your 55+living. A unique, well maintained community with a full recreation centre offering activities, special events and an opportunity to socialize and enjoy friendships with others in the community. You own your land! This home has much to offer including 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It is in pristine condition. Pride of ownership shine...Listed by Newport Realty - Sidney
This stunning modern suite has breathtaking views of the Gorge Tidal Waterway that includes the reversing waterfall. This premiere property with its wrap around decks offers a home filled with natural light, perfect for entertaining or the quiet enjoyment of a parkside water view. Situated in a gated community, this fully remediated complex offers resort style, waterfront living with deep water moorage for y...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
To assist you with your real estate needs, I draw on a wealth of experience from different sectors. I have been a local government professional for over twenty-five years here in Victoria.
I have always had a keen interest in real estate and owned homes in Saanich and Esquimalt. I am well versed in the home building process, as my husband is a builder and renovation specialist and I have been a valuable designer in his projects.
I am passionate about making your real estate dreams become reality. I am dedicated to ensuring that you experience the best service I am able to offer. I look forward to helping your family find the home that is perfect for you.
Call me anytime at 250-920-8277 ~ let's chat!